The International Relations Department, under the coordination of the Vice-Rector for International Relations, is responsible for policy planning and implementation in the area of internationalization. Informing and increasing awareness, overseeing, planning and promoting projects for internationalization and international cooperation are the key priorities.
The Department works actively to establish and sustain the international reputation of Bucharest University of Economic Studies, to set up partnerships, exchange programs and collaborations with universities around the world.
Our staff works as a liaison between students, faculty and staff members both within Bucharest University of Economic Studies and with partners overseas.
The International Relations Department is responsible for:
- International partnerships: facilitating, maintaining and developing the relationship with partner universities and organisations worldwide.
- Admission of international students: admission, registration, orientation and integration of international students in collaboration with faculties and other administrative departments.
- Exchange programs at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels: incoming and outgoing student mobility for studies, internships, study visits, short-term programs.
- Dual degree programs: dual degree agreements with certain partner universities allow Bachelor or Master-level students to spend at least one year at ASE and one year at one of the partner universities, earning a degree from both institutions.
- Mobility of academic and administrative staff: managing the outgoing and incoming mobility of teachers, researchers and administrative staff in collaboration with faculties, departments and research centres.
- Recognition and correspondence of international studies: recognition of the learning outcomes for students who have studied abroad.
- International PR and networking: support and follow-up on international contacts, organisation of international events, promotion of the international programs of Bucharest University of Economic Studies.