The application file for admission to study at Bucharest University of Economic Studies has to be sent to our University – incomplete applications are not accepted.
The application file is processed by the university (5-10 working days) and then forwarded to the Ministry of Education, which will issue the acceptance letter.
For the candidates accepted, the Ministry of Education will issue an Acceptance Letter, which will be sent in original to the university (20-30 working days).
The university will inform and send the candidate the acceptance letter.
Each candidate has to confirm that he/she accepts to enroll at Bucharest University of Economic Studies, by sending an email with the receipt attesting the payment of the tuition fee for the 1st academic year (5-10 working days).
After receiving the Acceptance Letter, the candidate must contact the Romanian Embassy and search for information concerning the study visa application. According to the legislation, the application for study visa should be submitted with at least 2-3 months before the beginning of the academic year, that is why we advise all candidates to do their best to submit a complete application for visa immediately after receiving the letter of acceptance from us.
Schedule for admission
Registration period – submit the application files: 05 April – 17 September 2021
Student registration: 20 September 2021 – 30 September 2021 (registration will be complete after the receipt of the original documents and the completion of a language test, when applicable, according to the law and regulations in force).
Early registration is recommended in order to:
- get an early response from the Ministry of Education and Embassy;
- start school on the official date of opening and this way increase the chances of passing the exams.
The application file must contain the following documents:
- Application form with photo – link
- Copy of the Baccalaureate (high school) Diploma or equivalent and the transcript of records for the high school years endorsed by the Romanian Embassy in his/her country or with the Hague Apostille – translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
For diploma issued in NIGERIA it is compulsory to provide copy (both sides) of:
- NECO Results Card for Senior School Certificate issued by NECO
- WAEC Scratch Card for West African Senior School Certificate
- Language certificate for the language of instruction – if applicable – translated into Romanian and officially endorsed, except the candidates:
- coming from states whose official language is the study language of the program they have applied for
- who can prove with documents that they have studied for at least 4 years academic programs in the study language of the program they have applied for
- Copy of the birth certificate – translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
- Medical certificate stating that the applicant is fit for university studies.
- Passport copy;
Applicants shall mention in the application their complete contact details (physical address, e-mail address, telephone number).
Candidates send their admission documents to the Office for International Cooperation and International Students of Bucharest University of Economic Studies, either
- by email, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, please all the required documents to be scanned properly (we do not accept photos) and included in only one PDF file, named with the candidate’s name.
- by regular post, to the address Office for International Cooperation and International Students, 06, Piata Romana, Street, Bucharest, Romania.
If the applicant doesn’t speak Romanian and the chosen program is taught in Romanian, he/she should learn Romanian during a preparatory year.
For the applicants who wish to study in English, French or German and are not native speakers / can not prove documents that they have studied for at least 4 years academic programs in the study language of the program they have applied for/ don’t provide a recognized language certificate, a compulsory language test will be organised after their arrival in Romania. Until passing the test, their admission will be conditional.
The registration and tuition fees are decided each year by the Academic Senate of the university and might be subject to change at the beginning of each academic year.
For academic year 2021-2022, the tuition fee is 2700 Euro/year + 300 Euro registration fee
Upon arrival in Romania, the accepted applicant will have to register personally at Bucharest University of Economic Studies, having the following documents:
- The letter of acceptance in original;
- Baccalaureate (high school) Diploma or equivalent endorsed by the Romanian Embassy in the country of origin with the Hague Apostille–in original and translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
- Transcript of records for the high school years in original and translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
- Language certificate for the language of instruction – if applicable – translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
- A copy of the birth certificate, translated into Romanian and officially endorsed;
- Medical certificate (translated into Romanian or English) stating that the applicant is fit for university studies;
- 2 photos ¾;
- The passport containing the study visa.
For the candidates who would like to study in foreign languages, Bucharest University of Economic Studies offers the following master’s programs:
Programmes taught in English:
– Accounting and Management Information Systems
– Business Administration
– Business Administration in Trading, Tourism, Services, Commodity Science and Quality
– Economic Informatics
– Finance and Banking
– International Business and Economics
Programmes taught in French:
– Business Administration
Programmes taught in German:
– Business Administration
Bucharest University of Economic Studies
Department for International Relations
Office for International Cooperation and International Students
Tel. +4021 319 19 84; fax +4021 319 20 23
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.