More chances to employment – European studies show that Erasmus students have the skills sought by employers: adaptability to new environments, flexibility, networking capacity in different cultural environments, advanced language skills.

Recognition of Studies – Since the launch of the program in 1987, over 3,000,000 students have benefited from Erasmus experience. Erasmus provides full recognition of studies of mobility as an integral part of the home university diploma.

Adventure – You have a chance to study a semester or a year at one of over 180 partner universities in 23 European countries. It will definitely be an adventure both professionally and personally!


Erasmus+ is the EU Programme in the fields of education, training, youth and sport for the period 2021-2027.

The general objective of the Programme is to support, through lifelong learning, the educational, professional and personal development of people in education, training, youth and sport, in Europe and beyond, thereby contributing to sustainable growth, quality jobs and social cohesion, to driving innovation, and to strengthening European identity and active citizenship. As such, the Programme shall be a key instrument for building a European Education Area, supporting the implementation of the European strategic cooperation in the field of education and training, with its underlying sectoral agendas, advancing youth policy cooperation under the Union Youth Strategy 2019-2027 and developing the European dimension in sport.

The Programme has the following specific objectives:

  • promote learning mobility of individuals and groups, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion and equity, excellence, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of education and training;
  • promote non-formal and informal learning mobility and active participation among young people, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of youth;
  • promote learning mobility of sport staff, as well as cooperation, quality, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of sport organisations and sport policies.

Erasmus Charter 2021-2027 – pdf download here

What is different with the 2021-2027 Charter?

First of all, the new Erasmus+ programme 2021 will have more resources to support education, training, youth and sport. The Erasmus 2021-27 budget is estimated at €26.2 billion, almost double (€14.7 billion) the budget compared with the programme’s previous finances for 2014-2020. Out of this budget, it is expected that 70% will be dedicated to supporting mobility, and the remaining 30% will go towards cooperation projects and policy development activities. Finally, it is estimated that approximately 10 million Europeans of all ages and backgrounds will be benefited from Erasmus+ 2021-2027.

Furthermore, the new Erasmus plus will support the priorities set out in the European Education Area, the Digital Education Action Plan and the European Skills Agenda. Additionally, it will help realize the European Pillar of Social Rights, implement the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027 and develop the European dimension in sport. Further, the Erasmus+ funded projects will focus on social inclusion, green and digital transformation, and young people’s civic participation.

Finally, as Erasmus+ 2021-27 strongly focuses on social inclusion, that also extends to the participating organizations. With the introduction of the new Small-scale Partnerships scheme, the EU wants to make Erasmus+ funding more accessible and attractive to more organizations. Projects of shorter duration, simpler requirements and lower grant amounts it is certain that will benefit newcomers and small organizations greatly.

ASE Regulation for Student Mobility – pdf

The National Agency for Community Programmes in the Fields of Education and Vocational Training www.erasmusplus.ro

New ERASMUS+ 2021: https://www.erasmusplus.ro/documente-candidatura

Opportunities for Erasmus+ https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/app-forms/af-ui-opportunities/#/erasmus-plus

For students of ASE, there are different ways to apply for either one or both of the two type of Erasmus+ mobilities. Find out more in the links below:

For Erasmus+ student exchanges, internships, free-movers or staff trainings, find us during office hours at:

◉ e-mail for both incoming and outgoing mobilities: erasmus@ase.ro;

incoming mobilities phone number: +40 21 319 1910;

outgoing mobilities phone number: +021 319 1900 and then press 444 for our interior number;

◉ address: Piața Romană no. 6, Angelescu Building, 1st Floor, Room 0132 / 0133 – Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 – 16:00 / Friday 09 – 13:00.